We are officially on-sale!
The re-souL team is constantly coveting the beautiful shoes in the shop. As you can imagine, when the seasons’ change and new shoes start to roll in we can get quite giddy. It almost feels like Christmas opening the boxes with anticipation! With Spring in full swing and summer upon us, we’re obviously coveting the new collections, but which are our favorites? These are the styles that get us excited about selling shoes.
Things that just naturally go together.
We love the colorful illustrations of Malika Favre! They seem to go perfectly with the primary colors of these flatform sandals. They have us dreaming of the French Riviera. Sigh.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Today we are looking at ways to wear a peep-toe ankle boot. When the weather is warming up, but it’s not quite warm enough to ditch your boots, may we suggest this little number from Coclico? Part sandal, part boot, let us show you how we would wear this versatile style.
We would wear this bootie with a long chemise. If you like to wear simple shapes, this black bootie would complement your skirts and frocks nicely. The modern lines anchor the drape of this dress and give the overall look a more modern flair.
Pant silhouettes have been changing a bit as of late. We have been talking about culottes for several seasons, and it looks like the fuller pant leg is here to stay. We would wear these booties with loose fit trousers and casual linen pants.
Want to update your sweater+jeans routine? Sometimes just a new pair of shoes can bring new life to your personal daily uniform. We like the way these would look with skinny black jeans and a simple pull-over knit top.
So how would you wear these spring peep-toe booties? We’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by and if you would like to see more ankle boots or other great styles for women, visit our shop here.
On Wednesdays, we’ll answer the on-going question: “What do I wear with these?” It’s a question we get quite often here at the shop and we love giving suggestions when helping our customers. This week we handed the styling reigns over to Mellicia Marx of Poplin Style Direction.
Mellicia is a personal stylist who helps individuals look their best through easy, friendly, no-pressure styling. She can help you buy a new wardrobe, or edit what you currently own, or both. She’ll even go thrift shopping with you! So naturally we were thrilled for her to style her favorite boot from the re-souL collection. You may have seen our Iris boot in last week’s post. But, you can never have too much of a good thing, right? Plus, we love Mellicia’s styling, so without further ado, take it away Mellicia!
I’m all about embracing your personal style and ensuring that your clothes communicate who you are. So, let’s begin with your very own Iris boots in bronze. Feel free to layer a leather jacket over top with any of these options or wear them sans cover-up.
1. With a compelling casual dress. I like neutrals with metallics and this cozy option is edgy and functional. Layer it up with leather leggings or distressed jeans or try it solo.
2. With a super feminine dress. There’s nothing like the balance of hard and soft. A girly piece paired with sturdy, hip boots is a timeless approach. Elevate the look with metallic boots instead of black and feel your fashion-forward self come through.
3. With a long vest. A great strategy to simplify your life is to find boots that work well with a specific coat or vest. That way you can finish off every outfit effortlessly. Even the most basic of outfits is much more stylish with the right shoes and outerwear. If you find styling vests challenging, feel free to check out my post on the subject.
I’m dying to hear how you style them. Please share!
Strappy, bold and oh so comfy. These are three slide sandals you could be wearing right now! A little more polished than your regular Birkenstocks, all three of these slides would look great with your favorite summer clothes. We have paired them here with some looks we like. But to be honest, because all of these sandals are so versatile, you could easily wear any of these slides with any of these outfits, that’s what makes them so great! Plus, all of these styles are now on sale! Happy shopping!
2. The re-souL “Jane” is all about clean lines and simplicity. An easy going style with a lightweight EVA sole paired with molded foam footbed is the perfect accompaniment to simple white leather crisscross straps. This slide is the minimalist’s summer dream sandal. Made in Italy.
3. In the summer, less is more. This slip on slide sandal from Giulia Taddeucci is no exception. Molded leather footbed gives some support, while two hunter green patent leather straps let your feet breathe in style. Just slide on and go! Made in Italy. (Also available in Black)