It’s giveaway time! Want a chance to win a pair of shoes from our very own re-souL collection? Mellicia Marx is a talented stylist as well as an awesome human being! See how she pairs shoes from our shop with her creative taste in clothing for a perfect Spring pick me up. Head on over to the Poplin Style to enter for a chance to win a pair of shoes on us! To see the latest styles for Spring visit us at the shop or go to resoul.com. Good Luck ~ team re-souL
It’s SALE time!
Our Fall/Winter sale is going on now! Almost all of our footwear has been marked down to make room for new Spring arrivals. Snatch up that pair you’ve had your eye on! Plus a few accessories are also on sale too, including: See Concept Readers & Sunglasses and Il Bussetto Wallets. Don’t delay, sizes are going fast! Hope to see you soon!
BEST WISHES TO YOU!
The Holiday Season is often a time of reflection. At this time of year, there is so much to be grateful for, our health, family, friends and you! We wanted to reach out and give a special thanks to you our customers, supporters and followers. We wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you. Whether near or far, we want to thank you for being a part of our re-souL community. Happy holidays and best wishes to you and yours for peace, love and prosperity in 2017! See you in the New Year!
the re-souL team ~ Legh, Maggie, Nova, Margaret and Katie
Every year our neighborhood of Ballard does a little something different for Black Friday. Local shops and businesses donate a portion of their Friday sales to a local charity. This will be our second year partnering with YouthCare. In addition to donating 5% of our sales for the day, we will be kicking off a weekend clothing and shoe drive to help collect needed items for homeless youth.
Unfortunately, Seattle is experiencing a rise of homeless people throughout the city. Each night in Seattle, up to 1,000 young people have no safe place to sleep. With over 40 years of experience, YouthCare builds confidence and self-sufficiency for homeless youth by providing outreach, basic services, emergency shelter, housing, counseling, education and employment training.
Facts about Youth Homelessness
• 35,000 students in WA public schools were homeless in the 2014-2015 school year, a 9% increase over 2013-2014
• 40% of homeless youth identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer (LGBTQ); many were kicked out for coming out to their parents or guardians.
Facts about YouthCare
With multiple sites and a continuum of individualized services, through YouthCare in 2015:
• Nearly 900 young people accessed basic services during drop-in hours at YouthCare’s James W. Ray Orion Center.
• 426 young people found safety in YouthCare’s emergency shelters, including 249 in YouthCare’s Young Adult Shelter. 45% of exiting youth entered into improved housing situations.
• 153 young people were housed in YouthCare’s transitional living programs, with 62% exiting into more stable housing situations.
• 81% of youth ages 12-17 in crisis through Safe Place were found a safe housing situation for the night.