With the weather finally changing and warming up we thought we would take a look at some of the most popular spring trends for men on the street. Ready?
1) Printed Pants and 2) Bomber Jacket
Printed pants for men have been seen on the streets of Milan and New York. Floral, checks, geometics and camo to name a few. But how do you pull off that look without looking like you are wearing your girlfriend’s pants? Simple. Just pair them with a classic leather dress shoe, a tie and a spring bomber jacket. You will be pulling this look off confidently and nobody will think you are wearing her pants.
printed pants and bomber jacket
3) Blazer and 4) Polka Dots
How do you update your casual work attire? A blazer anyone? You will always look polished and put together when you wear this classic jacket. Wear a lightweight linen style with lots of texture and if you would really like to try something new, wear a double breasted version.
Another come back print for spring is polka dots. Bold or subtle you cannot go wrong with this timeless print. It’s still okay to wear your checks and plaids, but for a new update try wearing a dot version instead.
What to do for shoes? Try wearing a suede buck with your new jacket and shirt, add some jeans and voilà you’ll be good to go!
blazer and polka dot shirt
5) Rolled Pant Hems and 6) No Socks
For a casual weekend look men have been seen rolling up their pants. This look works well with casual cotton twill pants or chinos. To complete the look wear a button down shirt and a casual sneaker with “no socks”. Not into not wearing socks? Wear some invisible socks that make your feet look like you are not wearing any socks. Now you can put your shades on and walk to your neighborhood cafe for that afternoon coffee break.
In seasons past, it had been all about the tall boot. Not this year! This Fall it’s all about the short ankle boot. Ankle boots have limitless versatility for a variety of different looks. Think of ankle boots as the alternative to a pump or a boot. They look fantastic with skirts and dresses which can be worn with tights and socks to keep you warm, and of course your skinny jeans too. Here are some looks pulled from our Pinterest boards that we hope will give you some inspiration to try them in your own wardrobe.
Inspiration 1 : For a dressed up casual style we like this boot from Coclico, the wedge gives you a bit of lift and would pair nicely with wooly socks for a modern layered look.
Inspiration 2 : A favorite because of its versatility, this boot from Officine Creative is smart and can go easily from day into evening. Great for the office during work hours and then switch out the sweater for a leather motorcycle jacket and you’re ready for a fun night out with friends.
Inspiration 3 : This dress would look fantastic with knit tights and our suede boot from AA Copenhagen. A rich material but not too precious, these would look great as well with a pair of skinny cords.
Inspiration 4 : How do you rock the slouchy pants? Simple, wear them with this cute low bootie from Lili Mill. They add a laid back effortless look without looking like you rolled out of bed in your sweats.
I have always been drawn into Mark Rothko’s paintings. The subtlety of color, the depth of layers and the mood they evoke, how do you not envelop yourself into his work? It is a little how I feel when I look at these shoes. The texture, the colors and the rich tones that you can only achieve from making shoes from suede or nubuck. Do you see the similarities?
This Fall there are plenty of men’s trends that are worth a look, but if we were to pick one shoe to add to a gentleman’s closet, it would have to be the lace-up boot. A timeless staple that can be dressed up or down, this silhouette is a must-have for any guy’s wardrobe. We have paired them with 3 different key menswear looks to show the versatility of this classic style.
1. The Camel Overcoat – Sharp and versatile, a classic camel coat is timeless. What better way to accessorize your coat than with a pair of Wolverine “Addison” boots. The cognac brown color is rich and it can make a wool suit look a little bit more relaxed.
2. The Quilted Jacket – Puffer coats have been on the scene for a few seasons, but its sleeker cousin is the right jacket to wear for those crisp fall days. Throw it over your favorite heavy sweater or blazer for extra warmth and wear it with your favorite jeans. To finish the look we like the “Bolter” boot by Bed Stu, an urban work boot that’s big on style and very practical.
3. Gray on Gray Layering – A fresher way of layering than wearing all black, the gray on gray color scheme works well because of the different textures and patterns. Notice the gray herringbone tweed over the gray melange sport coat and fleece shirt? Of course to finish this look you need a pair of boots from MOMA. This boot is rugged and polished at the same time and subtle antiquing of the leather gives them timeless style.
So what are you guys thinking? Ready to move away from zippers yet?